Monday, October 25, 2010

Winter Wanderings in Autumn

Winter Solstice  © Mari Dieumegard 2010

I have begun working on an illustration for the "Winter" show I'm participating in this December.  I think I will do several and pick my favorite piece(s).   I'm going to have them printed into note cards for the holidays.  This one (still in progress) I have in mind for a winter solstice card.

In between shuttling my kids to birthday parties, I spent the weekend working on this site.  I have tried to streamline everything, making it more user - friendly.  You can now order a custom painting, print, or note card right from here.  It is completely secure and very convenient (not only for shoppers, but me too.) I was feeling overwhelmed with all of my different online sites.  Now I'm going to concentrate on this website and my FB page for giveaways and quick announcements.)  I'm still working out the kinks, so don't hesitate to contact me if you are having any troubles ordering.
I have finalized the sketch for my latest Family Portrait Commission and I'm excited to start the painting process. 


Thursday nights reception for the Yarmouth Art Festival was very well attended.  I took my mom and my two kids along to help celebrate.  My daughter, always the party animal, was looking forward to it and I was trying to curb her enthusiasm just a bit since I hadn't attended before.  I told her we very well could be the only ones there.  Silly me, they estimate some 200 people came to the reception.  The parking lot was full and we had to park on the road!  Upon arriving, my mom went straight to where my paintings were displayed and happily reported back that the original acrylic "The Rescue" had sold.  I inquired as to who bought the painting and was told a local art collector had fallen in love with it.  Unfortunately, I didn't meet her. I would have liked to thank her in person. I drove home a happy woman that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment