Monday, November 1, 2010

snow, Snow, SNOW!

"Winter Solstice"  © Mari Dieumegard 2010


Detail, "Winter Solstice" © Mari Dieumegard 2010
While it may have felt like it was going to start last night during our trick or treating adventure, the snow has yet to fall outside.  But that doesn't mean the snow isn't fallen in my studio!  My thoughts are turned toward the white crystal drifts as I start some winter illustrations for holiday cards & the "Winter" show I am participating in this December.

In progress: "Simple Gifts" © Mari Dieumegard 2010



Sketch for "Simple Gifts" © Mari Dieumegard 2010
I have been inspired by this song lately.  It has been helpful to remind myself what is truly important in my life.  So I have chosen to illustrate the following lyrics for my second holiday card:
"To turn, turn will be our delight till by turning, turning we come round right."

No comments:

Post a Comment