Monday, October 11, 2010

Black Frame Art Sale- Update

Well, the Black Frame Art Sale took place last Friday, October 8th and while I wasn't able to attend the "art buying frenzy" (as BFAS chair Annie Wadleigh described it) I did volunteer during the sneak preview.  It was great seeing all of the artwork, which was hung handsomely in the rehearsal room of the Merril Auditorium.  I recognized some work by local artists I've admired for awhile now, like Martha Miller and Anastasia Weigle.  I also enjoyed work by artists previously unknown to me, like Lindsay Hancock and Beth Westra.
 
"Balance"

AND, I sold a painting!  I'm not sure which of the two sold (I will find out on Thursday), but I have a feeling it may have been "Balance".  It was the painting that seemed to be getting the most attention during the sneak preview time.  I hope I will get a name of the buyer, I always like to know a little bit about where my artwork ends up.


I will definitely be submitting work to next year's Black Frame Art Sale - and making sure I experience the frenzy first hand!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I oughta get a cut if it's "Balance," being part of the inspiration and all. ;-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete