Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Today is my husband's 43rd birthday and the poor guy is celebrating by working a 12 hour shift! The kids and I are celebrating by going to Mima's house to bake a coconut cake (a feat we have never before attempted... wish us luck!) We will have cake when he gets home from work tonight, just in time to put the kiddos to bed!

Below is the family portrait I'll be giving him:



I have been slowly working on it since February, incorporating two of my favorite memories from the year: watching my husband read to our son on a cozy winter afternoon, and delighting in my daughter as she learned to swim underwater among the lilly pads of a lake. My three loves floating above our yellow house. It won't be much of a surprise, since it's been hanging in my studio for months now, but hopefully it will take a new place of honor on a wall in our home - we're running out of wall space!

1 comment: