I've struggled with the Papa a bit... he keeps morphing into John Cusack, not a bad thing I guess, I think John Cusack is a cutie!
I've been working with acrylic on black gesso so much lately, it was a bit of a tricky transition back to gesso on paper.. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of it though. I'm not too sure I like the bushes as they are right now. I may finish the portraits and then go back into the back ground and simplify it a bit. I don't want all the viewers attention on the landscape.
A lovely picture, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteReally like how you are showing the progression of this piece... and I actually love the detail in the bushes, the way they frame the family... the family who is receiving this painting will be so happy, it's really beautiful.
ReplyDelete@ Liz,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments, Liz. I went in and reworked the bushes a bit and added more detail to the portraits. I will post an updated picture soon and would love more of your insight. I'm wondering if the whole thing is getting too busy. I am getting anxious to hear what kind of baby I'll be painting... this little soul is taking its time coming into this world!
It's so funny that you keep getting John Cusak. My default man in portraits is Tom Sellack. Anybody with a mustache turns into him.
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, Mari. I enjoy seeing the progression as you work and it's wonderful that you stop and photograph each stage. Your use of color is magnificent!
ReplyDelete~Kathy (hubby sis)