Stephanie at the blog "Ordinary Life Magic" has started a link sharing everyone's best creative moments from the past week. I have decided to share two. The first is from a project I did at home with my kiddos, wax birdies. Their father had made a "fairy tree" and we thought the fairies needed some feathered friends. We used modeling wax which I like much more than modeling clay, it holds it's shape better and is less likely to be found ground into the carpet!
My second project was done with my kindergarten art class. We were studying installation / site specific artwork. Our piece is entitled "Tidal" and was made with glue dipped yarn. The waves were made by drying the yarn on long sheets of wax paper, the "bubbles" were inspired by Stephanie's yarn eggs - we used embroidery floss for ours. They turned out incredibly lace-like and surprisingly strong!
A very creative week indeed!






I've done these yarn "balls" but much smaller, for the X-mas tree. This exhibit is very cool! hattie
ReplyDelete