Monday, September 27, 2010

Sketching like Mad

I went apple picking with my mom & my two kids last weekend.  Our little excursion ended up in my sketchbook and is in the process of becoming a gouache painting: 


Sketch #1 for a new commission.  It is going to be another family portrait, this one to include their new home, the waterfalls they play in, and the vineyards near their home.  



And sketch #2 for the same project.


And in other news, I have a NEW (to me) drafting table!  Yay, less kinks in the neck (hopefully!)



4 comments:

  1. Table looks great! You are working hard.. pretty difficult commissions! Don't know if I could fit all these subjects in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really interesting to see how you work.

    Thank you.
    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is WONDERFUL. I love seeing the sketching process...I am too self-conscious to ever show that to the public. Of course, your sketches are so much more gorgeous and finished-looking than mine are!

    Lovely.

    xx
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Reese and Rebekka, it's nice to know there are a few newbies finding my blog!
    Rebekka, I'm really trying to stretch my comfort zone this year, and this blog is a definite test. I agree, it is scary to share sometimes, but it seems to be paying off. ;-)

    ReplyDelete