Monday, May 3, 2010

Finding Balance

Other aspects of my life have been busy, and while I have found time to paint in my studio a bit, I am behind on photographing work and posting it here.
I recently took a road trip to Tennessee, so I was gone for about a week. Now that I'm home, things at school are gearing up. The last few months of school are always super busy.
I did make time to attend my first Maine Illustrators Collective meeting last week, and I'm so happy I did! I met many new, interesting illustrators and it was invigorating just to talk art for awhile. I'm hoping to get even more involved in the next few months. I'm really looking forward to going their Steampunk show at the Greenhand next month, even if I don't get any work done in time for it.

I am also auctioning off a commissioned painting to benefit the scholarship fund at the school where I teach. My Illustration Friday work is on stand still while I work on spring reports for the children in my class, and ready myself for end of year conferences. Soon, it will be summer and I will be able to focus more of my attention on my artwork. Weekly blog updates and a Etsy shop by the end of June is my hope!

Until then, I'm posting some updates on work in my studio. As always, comments and critiques are appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment