Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Years Mantra


Gratitude, Faith, Inspiration & Perseverance.... not in any particular order. This is the Mantra I have been repeating over and over to myself since the start of the new year. I'm not big on New Years resolutions so I thought I'd write a mantra to help me stay focused in the year ahead. It helps, especially when things don't seem to be going right in the studio, at work, or in the home. I can sit down and quickly list those things I'm grateful for, reminders to keep the faith, a list of inspirations, and give myself credit for the ways in which I continue to persevere.

Here are just a few samples from my journal (along with images of work in progress from my studio).

JANUARY:

Inspiration: My family, and summer memories (daughter swimming under water for 1st time)
Gratitude: for my new studio space, starting fresh with new energy
Perseverance: worked in the studio ALL DAY , (even though I am feeling yucky).
Faith: that with hard work and persistence I will be able to live the creative life that I want to.


FEBRUARY:

Inspiration: music and song, ravens, my daughters drawings, my 30 min. commute along winding country roads.
Gratitude: For 1 week off (PAID) to work in the studio!
Perseverance:
Applied for a grant!
Faith:
That I will make the art that I need to, and it will be appreciated.


MARCH:

Inspiration: fresh air & warm baths
Gratitude: For a husband who cleans the house (better than I do!)
Perseverance:
Scanned older artwork, set up art photo area, re-worked blog site, started designing Etsy site.
Faith:
Behaving like I am already what I want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment