Sunday, February 21, 2010

Illustration Friday, Adrift

My first attempt at an Illustration Friday assignment. I was trying to go for a magical outer space/under water world beneath the boat and a bright, colorful world above the boat. I wasn't happy with the first version. I thought the sea creatures were distracting and there wasn't enough contrast between upper and lower worlds, so I moved on to version two:

The contrast is better here, unfortunately the sea creatures are still visible (not sure if I like that or not). Feeling discouraged, I decided to post another illustration that I had finished before, a woman adrift:

I figure it is important to post my failures as well as my successes, otherwise how will I learn anything and improve? Any constructive criticism is appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Woman adrift could also be called "woman electric". With all of that energy buzzing from her, how could she stay on the ground?
    -jenn

    ReplyDelete